{ Marshmallow-less Rice Kirspy Treats }

Did you have any idea you can make Rice Krispy treats without marshmallows? I know, I know; I never would have believed it either had I not experienced it myself. My discovery all began last Sunday when I, for the first time in my life, was craving butterscotch chips. When Mary (my lovely roommate) and I made a trip to the market on Monday, you better believe we picked up butterscotch chips, along with the rest of the makings for Rice Krispy treats. When I suggested we pick up some marshmallows to complete our list, Mary informed me that we didn't need to buy marshmallows -- complete crazy talk. But I went along with it, and, to my surprise, we successfully made yummy Rice Krispy treats senza marshmallows, and they even looked normal. The recipe you ask? Here you go:

1 cup Karo Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies

and here's some evidence(we decided to cover ours with a butterscotch chip-chocolate chip concoction, hence the butterscotch chips):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment