{ Sunday Walk With Rita }

Photobucket
When I visit with Rita, my 78-year-old Sunday friend, we sometimes get to go for walks, weather permitting. It really is one of my favorite things that we do together. We have our favorite houses along the route that we make sure to pause at (who knew south Provo was such a charming place? And, as a side note, it just happens to contain one of my favorite arbors ever! Man I love those! So good looking). We visit our favorite tree, and we wave at cute little families having BBQs or couples taking Sunday walks. It's just a pleasant experience. It was especially beautiful outside this week, which made our walk especially nice (and especially good for taking pictures). Conversation topics of the walk included Rita getting new clothes from her good friend Debbie Woodward, what Rita does at "work" (activities at her job/place she goes everyday include arts and crafts and going out to eat) and how good Rita looked in her shirt this week. Her shirt is pictured above and below.

Photobucket
Getting ready for the walk, Rita puts on her shoes.

Photobucket
Rita's wheelchair isn't equipped with foot rests for whatever reason, so she holds her legs up like this for the entire walk (and whenever she's moving around in her wheelchair). This lady has to have some SERIOUS ab muscles. Seriously.

Photobucket
Flowers along the route. I'm just realizing I probably should have taken pictures of our favorite houses and the arbor. hmmm.

Photobucket
Rita flexing her arm. How stinking rad is this? What a babe.

Photobucket
The tree we visit. I think it's either a Dutch Elm or an American Elm -- I can't remember which. Either way, it is a hybrid three that grows heavy limbs that shoot straight out only a short distance from the ground. It looks really sweet, but the branches are too heavy to support their own weight so Provo city has given it stilts to help.

Photobucket
Above mentioned stilts.

Photobucket
A glimpse of our shadow on the way back to the care center.


In other, completely unrelated news, my favorite grey pants became my new favorite grey shorts this weekend. One of my better clothes-cutting decisions.

Photobucket
My new favorite grey shorts in my new favorite shorts length.

2 comments:

AshBash said...

Nic, your Rita is adorable! I love these pictures of you and her! And I love the pictures from you niece, what a funny story! Your blog is so fun, I love looking at all your fun pictures.

Megan said...

I remember Rita! From the care center in Orem. Is she at a different one now? Looks like she's still going strong!!

Post a Comment