Coveting my own jewelery

Yesterday Ty and I stopped by the garage he is currently storing some of his things in to pick up a jacket. As he was scrounging around toward the front of his belongings, I noticed a beautiful, carved wooden box sitting in a shoe box next to him. "That's a really pretty box," I commented, pointing to the box as he was rummaging around near it. To which Ty responded by picking the box up and opening it to reveal a pile of beautiful, jeweled chains laying inside. Wwwhhhaaaa??!! Turns out it was a would-be Christmas present for me that was never realized. Ty had bought the chains to make me some jewelery,  and the box to give the pieces to me in, but wasn't pleased with anything he had made...

I reached over and pulled out one of the necklaces. :: gasp :: It was absolutely beautiful, you guys.  Beautiful. Who is this guy I'm marrying? Smart, funny, handsome, sweet AND he has style enough to make me incredible jewelery and freaking deem it not worthy to give to me?! Oh my goodness.

"I want to put this on right now!" I exclaimed holding it up to my neck. I was excited. I was ecstatic. I was totally infatuated. And I was promptly told no. Deflated.

"But it's so beautiful!" I protested, "Pleeeeeaaaaase?" I pulled out the puppy dog eyes and looked at him longingly, clenching the necklace. No doin'. He wouldn't budge.

"We will take a night and finish these for you after we're married," he told me, which simply translated in my brain to "No beautiful, hand-made-with-love necklace for you right now." I sputtered for a minute trying to think of a good argument, but finally relented. I placed the necklace back in the box and my heart sank a little. Looks like I will have to covet my own jewelery for a little while (three weeks and six days to be exact, friends!) before I can actually call it my own. Booger.

0 comments:

Post a Comment