Big Water Yurt


Last weekend, Ty, Hank and I headed up to a local yurt for the night with our friend Lance. The yurt was a close drive (only about 45 minutes) and a 4.5 mile trek up a beautiful, narrow canyon on a groomed trail. We were lucky enough to have a fresh two days of snow coat before we got there, so the canyon was completely magical.

Ty and I snowshoed in, but next year we may follow Lance's lead and cross country ski --- he managed to make it up the canyon in half the time we did. Hah. So. I'll be adding learn to cross country ski to my to-do list this winter.

The yurt was cozy and well equipped with all the firewood we needed to keep toasty in our winter wonderland. Plus two oversized bunks, a picnic table, an iron stove and some seats. We cooked food on our camp stoves once we arrived and played cards late into the night. I had brought some sparklers to light in honor of Chinese New Year, but we were all a bit sleepy after huffing our way in so they were put on the back burner for another time (your time will come little sparklers, I promise). It was the perfect little weekend getaway.





0 comments:

Post a Comment