{ I love porcupines }

So. Not only did I get a couple sick, tree-powder runs in when I went snowboarding with my friend Tim last Saturday, but I also was introduced to one of my new favorite little furry/spiky friends. I was taking a little break half way down one of our runs through the trees, and when I looked up, I spotted a cute, little porcupine in the evergreen right in front of me. He was in the process of climbing a shorter pine tree, and I watched as he finished his ascent of the first tree then crossed over to a neighboring tree to continue his climb. Who knew porcupines climbed trees? And on top of that, who knew they had the CUTEST LITTLE DEXTEROUS HANDS AND FEET EVER!? For the good three minutes Tim and I watched the porcupine climb, I couldn't help but think over and over "He is just so cute! How did I not know porcupines were so cute?!" I would compare a porcupine to a prickly wallaby, although slightly slimmer and a bit less lazy. Our porcupine moved rather lethargically, and he didn't seemed bothered by our onviewing at all.

He looked a little like this guy...
porcupine 1

only he was in a tree like this one...
porcupine 2

Look at him clinging the little branch! Oh my gosh, so cute.

2 comments:

MegRuth said...

CUTE!!!!

Club Narwhal said...

SOOO RIDICULOUSLY CUTE!!!!!

Post a Comment