Wisteria


Growing up, I had a wisteria plant (gifted from my grandmother to my mom) covering the awning over the back patio of my house, and every spring lovely purple bunches of flowers resembling grape bunches would cascade through the latice work. For the longest time I thought my backyard in Huntington Beach was the only place wisteria grew. It wasn't until I also saw it at the Palace of Versailles in France that I realized it wasn't native to my yard. I came across this photo (as shown above) of wisteria in Normandy today, and my thoughts turned back to childhood. One day I would like to have that bountiful plant in my yard so my family can enjoy it like I did growing up. So, subsequently, one day I would also like to have a yard rather than just a teensie patio. Good goal-making session everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment