Our 4th of July




 



Our 4th of July holiday turned into a last-minute, 9-day trip to my parent's house, and I couldn't be happier about it. This is the first time we've spent more than 3 contiguous days with my family out in good old northern Colorado, so it was nice to not be in such a hurry this time around. Ty and I spent a fair amount of time just relaxing -- enjoying the slow-paced, retired country living that my parents get to enjoy every day. I think that, above all else, this trip convinced me I could be perfectly happy living in a rural area. And I may even prefer it. I mean, it goes without saying that I would need a city near by for shopping and entertainment, but there is something completely perfect about falling asleep to the sound of crickets and having everything around you be so still all the time. It just makes your whole body seem a little more relaxed, you know? It's almost like having that lazy Saturday morning feel -- when you wake up slowly and just kinda take a few minutes to stretch and take in the morning -- the country feels like that, only all day every day.

Most of my family live right near my parents, so between the relaxing it was a week+ of family eating, outings, game playing, biking and hiking. And the actual 4th holiday had us gathered around a large lake in a small neighboring town to watch the fireworks over the water. Now that I'm back, I'm thanking my lucky stars for such a flexible employer and such a short drive to family. I feel like among all holidays, the fourth of July is especially enjoyed in a large group of people you love. I hope all your holiday festivities were wonderful too!

AS A SIDE NOTE, TY AND I DROVE HOME THROUGH THE ROCKIES (BEAUTIFUL) AND STOPPED OFF IN STEAMBOAT SPRINGS TO EAT OUR SACK LUNCH AND LOOK AROUND A LITTLE BIT -- THAT PLACE IS GREAT AND HAS A GREAT FARMERS MARKET.

0 comments:

Post a Comment