Miracle grout cleaner



You expect to come home from Maui with a lot of things -- a tan, a new beach towel, some great photos. But one thing you don't expect to come home with is the world best grout cleaner recipe. Thankfully, however, I did come home from Hawaii with the world's greatest grout cleaner recipe, and it worked so dreamily for me I thought I needed to share it with you. You know, in case your grout is as embarrassingly dirty as mine. Grout can be so embarrassing sometimes.

I inherited the recipe from a woman I will call The Cleaning Sage during a game of Zilch (oh the wonders of game nights). She had inherited it from a friend, who had inherited it from pinterest. And I would just like to say that I swear pinterest is like the ladies league of modern days, and I am totally okay with that.

The Cleaning Sage raved to me about the wonders this miracle cleaner had done for her. She recounted how she stayed up until 2am cleaning every grouted surface in her house because she was so excited with the results. And after trying it myself, I could see why. I was up until 12:30am. In short, just make sure you plan out sufficient time when giving this a go yourself, or you may miss your bedtime. The formula is 100% natural, so no need to worry in that area.

Miracle Grout Cleaner
7 c. water
1/2 c. baking soda
1/3 c. lemon juice (squeezed fresh or from a bottle)
1/4 c. vinegar

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (you'll need extra room for fizzing), then pour combined ingredients into a spray bottle.

2. Start with a small section of grout, and spray copious amounts of the solution into the grout crevices (it makes a mini flood). Let sit for 10-15 minutes.

3. Scrub with a steel bristled brush until clean (it doesn't take much).

4. Dilute formula with water and then mop up with a towel.

Step 4 is just the method I followed for clean up. You can do whatever works best for your space. Happy grout cleaning!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you use this on colored grout?

Nicki Clark said...

I used it with great success on my cream colored grout, but have not tried it on any other colors. I would think it would work just fine though, without any adverse effects, since it is made from natural ingredients. To be safe, start with a small spot in a discreet area to be sure it doesn't affect the color before tackling the whole floor.

Jackie said...

Do you Have to use a steel bristled brush? I have some tile that would be scratched

Nicki Clark said...

Hi Jackie! I think the steel bristled brush is the key for easiness. My mom used a toothbrush rather than the steel bristle, but it proved much tougher (albeit effective) work to get up the stains. With the steel bristled brush, it's a chinch -- practically no scrubbing needed.

Post a Comment